Today is Election Day 2008, a day I have been awaiting for four long years (seven really). Four years that have seen the economy continue south, four years that have seen America's place in the global marketplace shrink, four years that have seen the once high esteem with which our country was held, crumble. This slide began September 11, 2001 and has continued like a snowball rolling down hill, growing and growing at an ever increasing speed. Today we have a chance, perhaps out last, best chance to reverse this trend. It will take a lot of tough choices beginning with today's election and continuing into our personal lives. I only hope we are all strong enough to make those choices for the greater good.
Let's talk about voting shall we?
Voting is the most basic of our civil liberties, one that cannot and should not be taken lightly or ignored. It is the responsibility of each citizen to cast a vote for their candidate of choice and to not participate in the electoral process negates that citizens right to complain about how government is being run and the policies of our country.
Note I said "responsibility" when it comes to voting, not choice, not you can if you want or if it is convenient to. It is a responsibility that each individual must take seriously.
It is also the responsibility of the citizenry to make their vote an informed one, not to just vote for the popular candidate or the one that looks or sounds like themselves. To do otherwise cheapens the individual vote and the entire process. To cast a vote for or against Barack Obama based solely upon his ancestry is a vote I would rather not see cast, not even one. To vote for or against John McCain because of his choice in running mate being female is also a vote I would rather not see cast.
Vote your conscience. Vote on the issues. Vote for your candidate of choice, but please do not cheapen the process. This Election is too important for our present and our future to do that.
I'm Rick Underwood and I approved this message.
Tuesday, November 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
PLEASE VOTE!!!!
Post a Comment