Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy New Year!!!

Happy New Year everyone. Hope your holidays were pleasant and enjoyable wherever you were during the season. Now that 2009 is here there are several things that I'm going to change in my life and I'd like to run them past you in this forum and welcome your comments or if you wish you may disclose anything that you are going to change in yours. My so called "New Years Resolutions".

1) Weight - I have let my weight get completely out of control. My first weigh-in of the new year resulted in a weight of 329.8. Out"freakin"rageous. I have resolved to getting my eating habits in order first during the first six-months of 2009 and then install a full exercise regimen in the second half of 2009. I will also be golfing with my better half on a weekly basis as soon as the weather cooperates. Nothing like turning a 6,000 yard course into 7,500 yards. The extra mile will surely help.

2) Finances - The combined income between my spouse and me is substantial enough where we should not have to live check-to-check, yet we do and it will stop in 2009. I will be getting a part-time job with an insurance agency in West Bend to help grow their business and increase my income enough where I can erase the bad decisions that resulted in more debt. This debt will be paid off and eliminated from our books during 2009.

3) Attitude - As some of you have indicated (not directly to me) I sometimes have an attitude, in particulary I sometimes act like my father. While I love the man, I have strived not to become him in some aspects of my life and attitude is part of it. I want all of you to not be afraid to talk to me about anything regardless of what it is. In return, I promise I will listen to what you have to say and be objectionable. No judgement, no second-guessing, and no ATTITUDE.

4) Stress - My stress level has been at an all time high during 2008 which has resulted in my being concerned for my health. With the recent loss of a friend at age 45, I have re-evaluated myself and my life and have decided to tackle each and every issue presented me head-on. Instead of placing an issue on the back burner and hoping it goes away (thus creating more stress later), I will deal with everything cooly, calmly, and collectively as it happens.

These are the things I need to change and will change in 2009. What about you? Your feelings about my changes?

Love, Scott

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Congrats to you Scott for your honesty & strong goals. I'm sure many of us have the same goals you do.

My #1 goal this year is weight loss. 50-60lbs is not unrealistic. But, I will take it 10lbs at a time and celebrate each milestone.

My #2 goal also is finances. We need to get in a better position to handle this recession. I'm always thinking "what if Scott or I were to lose our jobs" "how would we get by?" So we need to work hard to build our savings so that we are secure if that were to happen.

#3 goal is to keep connected. I'm talking about family here. Having lost my grandfather & then a family friend so close together has made me realize even more how important family is. So if I call you or e-mail you out of the blue just to talk, you will know why!~

Whatever your goals are for the year, I want you to know we support & love all of you!~ Lisa

The Dirty Dawg Sports Blawg said...

Breaux,

I was hoping to see more people put up their responses/comments so I waited. It appears that just you, Lisa and I seem to be monitoring this noble attempt at inter-communication.

We have talked about several of these goals of yours many times over the years and as always, as with everything, I wish you the best of luck in attaining your goals, I hope they help you become the kind of person it is clear you are desiring to be. You are to be commended for your self evaluation and honesty, qualities that are in short supply these days.

In the spirit of your post, though I really am not one to make "resolutions", I am including a list of goals as well.

1) To improve my fitness level. Clearly we are all of the same mind when it comes to this. I woud like to lose weight, but that is not the over riding factor for me. I simply want to be in better shape (even if round is a shape), have more endurance and better cardiovascular health. Weight Loss would be an obvious side effect, so much the better.

2) To improve my interfamily relationships. I feel as strong a connection to family as I have ever felt and as I age become more and more happy and proud to call you all family. This past year+ has seen many changes, moving, marriages etc... and I want to do a better job of being there for all of you whom I love.

3) Personal Growth - I would like to challenge myself more intellectually and spiritually. I am not sure of exactly how I am going to do that and would be open to your suggestions.

I could list several more including financially etc...., but some of those areas have been touched on already so I feel no need to add on.

I wish you both and anyone else who decides to post all the best in your own pursuits and echo Lisa and her sentiments of love and support for everyone.

Denice said...

Okay, so I am a little slow, as usual, but finding time, believe it or not is hard, I know no excuses, so I won't make any. I see such honesty on all fronts, so I will do the same.

Goal number 1 seems to be as most, losing weight. I have been working on that goal since December and will continue to do so until I reach my goal, as Lisa said, 10 pounds at a time, that is the best way. Can't look too much in the future. It is a long struggle. As Rick said, it is not only to lose weight, but to get in better shape. This will all help my back, which needs help.

Goal number 2 would be finances. Things have definitely changed for me since we changed our state of residence. Not all for the better, but we are hanging in. This requires perserverance and determination, and I am working on that. Hopefully things will work towards getting better this year and next.

Goal number 3 would be keeping in better touch with family and friends, mostly family. We don't do it enough. This is one place we can, and don't enough. I know I am probably the worse offender because I don't always make time and should, but it can be hard, extremely hard when you don't have much free time because of all of the other things going on, but I will make a much better effort this year. Life is too short, and we neat to cease the moments we have.

I also need to become a better mother and wife. I have been lacking in that department as of late. Short fuse, bitchiness, things I need to work on. If things aren't going right for me, I can take them out on others, which sucks and needs to be changed. I have to work on myself and what makes me happy so others can be happy and feed off of my happiness. That will take some doing.

Love to all.