Monday, April 14, 2008

Writing and creativity

Putting your creative thoughts down on paper is a magical thing, something most of us have been doing in one capacity or another for a lot of our lives. Certainly we have all read many things in our lives, this blog being the most recent incarnation of creativity.

In that vein, I was wondering if any of us had written items they have created they would want to share with the rest of us. I know I write regularly, though it may not be everyone’s cup o’ tea and it is certainly too large to share in a blog, but I could excerpt it in small pieces if there was an interest. Since I have no artistic ability, I guess writing is my meager way of creating some weak art form.

Also, I am fairly certain that Kim journals still. I did, but have gotten away from it and want to get back into it, does anyone else here?

2 comments:

Scott Underwood said...

I to wanted to create a journal a few years back, however I to got away from it and unfortunately did not journal.

The only creative writing I did was for a period of time I wrote articles for the West Bend Express News. Covering such community events as a beer tasting event at the local humane society, a dog show at the county fair park, common council and school board meetings, and benefits for the art museum.

I've been away from it for a while and therefore do not have the articles any more, but it was an interesting time. I to have no artistic ability so this was my way of doing something creatively and leaving my mark (what little it was) on the community.

Denice said...

I have started and stopped journals for years. Too many to count, and couldn't even tell you where they are.

I have absoutely no creativity when it comes to writing. Going over what I have found is always interesting. But my writings are mostly personal about things going on in life, etc., I guess not necesarily something to share.

While an interesting idea, unfortunately I can't think of what I could add. Brenna may be another story, she writes all the time . . . .